Trans Clear - Transparent gluing and sealing
Tec7 Trans Clear has multiple applications in the Building, Construction, Air Conditioning/Ventilation, Sanitary and General Maintenance areas, which are detailed below. You can almost certainly come up with more uses yourself.
|Clear||310 ml PE cartridge|
- After curing, super strong and permanently elastic.
- Free of phthalates, solvents and isocyanates.
- Safe on mirrors, no markings on natural stone.
- Almost odourless.
- Even on wet, slippery surfaces.
- Fungus and bacteria resistant.
- Water and airtight.
- Can be used on most building materials.
- Processing temperature from +5°C to +40°C.
- Apply to clean, dust and grease-free substrate.
- If necessary clean with Tec7 Cleaner or Multiclean.
- Apply with manual or air caulking gun (best with telescopic plunger).
- Test the adhesion to plastics, powder coatings, exotic woods and bituminous materials. Start by strengthening weak and/or porous substrates with Fixprimer.
- Alkyd resin will harden slowly.
- Use Tec7 Cleaner to clean and degrease safely, obtain the perfect finish, and to remove uncured Tec7 polymers. Use HP Clean to finish porous materials.
When glueing mirrors in sanitary facilities only apply vertical strips of adhesive to avoid stagnant moisture due to condensation. Ideal adhesive thickness for optimal adhesion strength: 3 mm. Use in jointing and sealing.
Transparent gluing and sealing
- Base: MS polymer.
- Nature: elastic paste.
- Colour: crystal clear.
- Flow: 5 bar / 3 mm / 23°C 160 g/min.
- Skin formation: 23°C 50% R.V. 5 minutes.
- Tack-free: 23°C 50% R.V. 40 minutes.
- Full hardening: 23°C 50% R.V. :
- 24h - 4 mm
- 48h - 5 mm
- 72h - 8 mm
- Hardness - DIN 53505: 40 Shore A.
- Volume shrinkage after curing: < 2%.
- Tensile strength: 220 N/cm².
- Tear strength - DIN 53507: ca 40N/cm².
- Thermal stability: - -30°C to +95°C - piek: 155°C - max. 30 minutes.
- E-modul: 100% 0,9 mPa.
- Adhesion: excellent on (among other things) tiles, cement, natural stone, wood, concrete, aluminium, with the exception of PP, PE, PTFE and bitumen.
- Elongation at break - DIN 53504: >350%
- UV-resistance: over time discolouring can develop due to external influences.
- Overpaintable: OK with most solvent- and water-based lacquers.
- Pressure resistance (ISO 11432): 0,84 N/mm².
- Chemical resistance:
- good: water, seawater, aliphatic solvents, greases, diluted organic acids, lyes, oils.
- moderate: esters, ketones, aromatics.
- poor: concentrated acids, chlorinated solvents.