Tec7 - Bonds, mounts, seals, even under water
Tec 7 can seal, mount and bond all common building materials – even under water, eliminating the wait or need for damp or wet surfaces to dry and meaning you don’t have to carry the usual assortment of adhesives and sealers to each job.
|Black (RAL 9004)||310 ml PE cartridge||Buy|
|Grey (RAL 7004)||310 ml PE cartridge||Buy|
|White (RAL 9016)||310 ml PE cartridge||Buy|
- After curing, super strong and permanently elastic.
- Free of phthalates, solvents and isocyanates.
- Safe on mirrors, no markings on natural stone.
- Almost odourless.
- Even on wet, slippery surfaces.
- Fungus and bacteria resistant.
- Water and airtight.
- Can be used on most building materials.
Why use Tec7?
- For all applications: in the construction and sanitary sectors and general maintenance. Tec7 replaces mounting, wood and PU adhesive, silicone sealant, sanitary silicone sealant, acrylate adhesive, butyl caulking.
- As a universal adhesive, Tec7 adheres to most substrates and does not attack synthetic materials.
- To mirrors (vertical adhesive beads), natural stone (does not bleed through), metal, polyester, polystyrene foam, moist substrates, even under water.
- To seal steel, welded steel and tack welded steel( also stainless steel type 316 and 316L), thus preventing rust.
- Overpaintable with most common paints.
- Alkyd resin-based lacquer, applied to Tec7, can have a slower drying process.
- Tec7 has lower adhesion on PP, PE, bitumen and silicones.
- Processing temperature: from +5°C to +40°C.
- Apply to clean, dust and grease-free substrate.
- If necessary clean with Tec7 Cleaner or Multiclean.
- Apply with manual or air caulking gun (best with telescopic plunger).
- *Test the adhesion to plastics, powder coatings, exotic woods and bituminous materials. Start by strengthening weak and/or porous substrates with Fixprimer.
- Alkyd resin will harden slowly.
- Use Tec7 Cleaner to clean and degrease safely, obtain the perfect finish, and to remove uncured Tec7 polymers. Use HP Clean to finish porous materials.
When glueing mirrors in sanitary facilities only apply vertical strips of adhesive to avoid stagnant moisture due to condensation. Ideal adhesive thickness for optimal adhesion strength: 3 mm.
Bonds, mounts, seals, even under water
- Base: MS polymer.
- Flow: 5 bar/ 3 mm/ 23°C 140g/min.
- Skin formation: 23°C 50% R.V. 8 minutes.
- Tack-free: 23°C 50% R.V. 25 minutes.
- Full hardening: 23°C 50% R.V.:
- 24h - 6 mm
- 48h - 7 mm
- 72h - 8 mm
- E-modulus 100%: 172N/cm² /1.72 Mpa.
- Electric resistance: 2,6 x 10//BS10//ES Ω/cm.
- Volume shrinkage after curing: <3%.
- Hardness - DIN 53505: 60 Shore A.
- Tensile Strength:
- after 7 days: 260 N/cm²
- after 1 month: 280 N/cm²
- after 3 months: 310 N/cm².
- Tear strength - DIN 53504: 140N/cm² /1.40 Mpa.
- The ambient temperature for application: between +5°C and +40°C.
- Thermal stability: -40°C to +90°C /peak: 155°C max. 30 minutes.
- Elongation at break - Din 53504: > 350%.
- Air permeability (according to report 3P02093 of the SP TRI in Sweden: >0,2m³/m².
- Water vapour transmission (DIN EN ISO 12572): 1,6.
- Pressure resistance (ISO 11432): 1,19 N/mm².
- Chemical resistance:
- good: water, seawater, aliphatic solvents, oils, greases, diluted organic acids, lyes
- moderate: esters, ketones, aromatics.
- poor: concentrated acids, chlorinated solvents, chlorine of swimming pools.
- Shelf life: 18 months.